Best Medical Aid in South Africa
Is this the Best Medical Aid in South Africa?
Here are 3 Reasons why it is!
- Unlimited in-hospital cover at any hospital you choose!
- You control your out of hospital, day-to-day savings account!
- It is the only medical aid allowing you to control your premium!
Fedhealth pay more than other medical aids, making your savings last longer and work harder for you!
A medical aid is only the best if it suits most of your needs and that is a very subjective decision, as we all have different needs and wants!
If I tell you why this medical aid plan offers you much more than other schemes, would you seriously consider joining them?
Well, consider these benefits ...
- Unlimited private hospital cover.
- Day ward, day clinic or certain procedures done in a doctor’s room are paid.
- Trauma treatment like stitches in a casualty ward whether you’re admitted to the hospital or not.
- Specialised radiology paid by the scheme, in and out of hospital.
- Unlimited accident and emergency treatment with no co-payment.
Out of Hospital
Don’t just believe me – ask for a quote!
- Most medical aids offer a savings account with which to pay day-to-day costs.
They advance you a sum of money upfront and add a monthly repayment of some of that amount to your premium – every month.
Whether you use the savings or not!
So, even if you don’t use the savings, your premium remains the same.
BUT, FEDHEALTH DO IT WAY BETTER!
Take a look at their plans here.
They are the only scheme in South Africa that enables you to choose an amount you want and only start re-paying it only once you use it.
And you can substantially reduce your premium this way!
They will only require a repayment of what savings you spend – when you spend it.
So, if you don’t use your savings, your premium is lower- until you use your savings! Now you can really control your medical aid premium!
If you are healthy with minimal needs for day-to-day benefits, you are effectively joining a hospital only plan – BUT have the security of day-to-day savings funds should you need them.
And only paying a hospital plan premium, until you use your savings!
- Fedhealth also give you the highest amount of savings allocation of most medical aids.
- They also offer a safety net with unlimited network GP visits, preventative and basic dentistry and certain other expenses benefits should you run out of savings during the year.
Fedhealth Pay More and Give More than other schemes!
- Unlimited Network GP consultations!
- Follow-up treatment for 30 days once you get discharged from hospital, like physio, x-rays and pathology paid by the scheme!
- Specialised radiology MRI/CT scans paid by the scheme, in and out of hospital!
- Trauma treatment like stitches in a casualty ward whether you’re admitted to the hospital or not!
- Female contraception benefits!
- In-hospital dentistry for children under 7 years old!
- Excellent maternity cover – like Doula, scans, amniocentesis, network GP, antenatal classes etc benefits!
- Infant hearing screening and paediactrician visit paid!
- Child rates up to the age of 27!
- Only pay for 3 children, the rest are free!
- Sports and hazardous pursuits cover
- You can upgrade to a higher option within 30 days of a life-changing event, like a pregnancy or the diagnosis of a dread disease!
Never pay high premiums for a top plan, until you need it!
And that move is guaranteed!
- 24-hour toll-free Nurse Line for expert medical and health advice from qualified nurses.
- Unlimited approved chronic medicine cover.
Fedhealth also offer you the ability to discount your premium by using network hospitals or choosing to have a set co-payment on planned hospitalisation.
Yes, get an 11% premium discount simply by using network hospitals!
Or get a 25% discount by paying R 12,000 for every planned hospital event!
flexiFED plans are really hospital plans, BUT they give you the option of choosing the amount of day-to-day savings you need.
The savings you then spend are then paid back, over the next 12-months and only from the date you start using them!
There are 4 flexiFed plans, with different day-to-day savings.
Single member Premiums start from R 1 341 pm. with R 9,000 in savings.
All plans offer:
- Unlimited hospitalisation.
- A safety net for certain day-to-day costs when savings are used.
- Preventative screenings and lifestyle assessments (glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI and physical screenings.)
Choosing a medical aid that offers you the finest Maternity Cover is a key consideration for many new medical aid members.Fedhealth has over 80 years of excellent medical scheme experience in South Africa.
Pregnancy and your medical aid cover
Pregnant? Not on medical aid? You might be footing the bill to bring home baby.
Fedhealth offer generous maternity and childhood benefits - especially on the flexFED 2 and 3 plans.
They do pay many costs from risk, keeping your savings for other necessary costs!
So, what is covered on the maternity benefit?
All pregnant members can join the Baby Programme and receive a beautifully designed Fedhealth baby bag filled with baby goodies, and expert advice that can be accessed 24/7.
Members and dependants can also register on the Fedhealth Family Room - an online member portal and join their Baby Bumps community for interesting reads and rewards.
These are some maternity benefits are covered from Risk – (depending on the plan you join.)
- Two antenatal scans.
- Either 8 or 12 ante- and postnatal consults with a midwife, network GP or gynae.
- A doula benefit
- A postnatal midwifery benefit
- Private ward cover.
Any other maternity expenses are paid from your savings.
Extensive Childhood Benefits are also paid from Risk, such as:
- Non referral, Paediatric consults up to either 12 or 24 months of age.
- An infant hearing screening test.
- Childhood immunisations.
- Childhood illness specialised drug benefit for up to 18 years of age.
Other birth options that are covered are home births and the hiring of a water bath.
They pride themselves on being "run by members - for members" and have had a AA- Global Credit Rating with reserves well-over the legislated 25%
They are a very innovative medical scheme and the flexiFed range of plans has revolutionised the medical aid market.
You owe it to yourself and certainly your loved ones to seriously consider the Fedhealth Medical Aid.